About The Bake Off
The theme of The ICCA Big Baking Tent Bake Off is ‘Game of Thrones’ and the participants are expected to bake and decorate a cake based on the 'Game of Thrones' TV Series theme. The participants are encouraged to be creative in the adoption of the theme by incorporating elements of their choice such as the throne, swords, characters, dragons, etc. in their competition submission.
Information and details on the competition submissions -
- Interested participants are required to register to take part in the competition and registration is free.
- Only register if your participation is confirmed, as the finalists will be selected based on the information shared in the registration form.
- The participants are required to bring their fully finished product to the competition venue for submission at least 30 minutes before the official competition time.
- The shortlisted participants will receive four free (4) Tickets to the Taste of Dubai 2019, one (1) for the participant and three (3) for the participant’s family & friends. A car pass (not parking permit) will also be provided to help drop-off the cake at the venue.
- The competition judging will be based on the visual display, creativity and the taste of the product submitted. Hence the participants need to ensure that their cake not only looks good but tastes great as well.
- The competition will be judged by the renowned Cake Boy, Eric Lanlard along with a panel of ICCA Dubai Baking & Patisserie and Sugarcraft Judges.
Competition Submission Details
- The flavor and overall appearance of the cake must be of the theme 'Game of Thrones'. As there are no specific flavours for this theme, please make sure the taste and flavours of the cake are creative & well thought of.
- The competition entry should not include explicit elements or any thing inappropriate.
- All entries must be made of real cake and Styrofoam dummies are strictly not allowed. Those not conforming will be disqualified.
- The dimensions of the cake (including cake board) should not exceed more than 20 inches in length, width or diameter. Those not conforming will be disqualified.
- Edible and artificial decorations can be used to help complete the overall look & feel of the cake. However, it is important to ensure that at least 80% of the cake should be edible. Those not conforming will be disqualified.
- The inedible parts only to include columns, supports, wires, stamens, ribbons and fresh/artificial flowers, props, toys, if at all used.
- Cakes can be stacked or tiered. It can also be based on a mould, shaped or carved to achieve the necessary outcome and sugar decorations are most welcome.
- Hygiene is very important and the cake for submission needs to be covered during its transportation to the venue as it will be tasted by the judges. Fresh cream should be avoided as well for food safety. Those not conforming will be disqualified.
- The competition and the judging will be inside a tent. Hence, the warm temperature conditions would have to be kept in mind too, as the cake submitted for the competition will not be refrigerated or stored by the organizers.
- The last day for registration is February 25th, 2019. Entries sent after the deadline will not be accepted for the competition.
- The participant must be at least 16 years of age or above.
- The entry must be given a name, together with a description based on the flavors and type. A detailed description is encouraged.
- The entry must be the original work of the person listed on the registration form. Team or group entries are not allowed.
- All entries must be the work of the participant and be homemade (not store bought).
- The participant must attach a sample photo or an inspiration image of the concept planned in the registration form to help with the pre-selection process.
- The competition entries will be judged on the following criteria -
- Application of the Theme
- Originality and Creativity
- Technique and Proficiency
- Construction conforming to the standards & criterions specified with respect to size, shape & structure specified
- Taste and Flavour
Competition Terms & Conditions
- If the participant fails to meet the expected criteria, they can be disqualified.
- Incomplete applications and submissions will not be considered.
- The participants need to ensure that they are present at the venue, The Big Baking Tent by sharp 6:00 PM. Those not conforming will be disqualified.
- The Taste of Dubai organizers, ICCA Dubai and Sponsors will not be responsible for any kind of damage to the cake or loss of belongings & tools. Should you have any further questions or queries, kindly get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Photograph ceremony with all the participants, their cakes and the judges.
- Judging and deliberation.
- The announcement of Winners in the midst of press and media.